This call is aimed at identifying the gaps in technological and commercial activities, encouraging innovation and developing markets for selected beneficiaries.
This will be realized through:
- Developing cooperation between the selected beneficiaries and researchers from CU, HU and AUC.
- Preparing integrated marketing strategies for the selected beneficiaries
Scope of the call
The call would provide selected beneficiaries with:
Category 1: RE Expertise (Duration: 2 days on beneficiaries’ premises, 2 days for technology development plan)
- HU would help and support any SME or any Egyptian Company with the knowhow to develop and design a multi-generative RE system based the available resources. HU support would include diagnosing applied technology, and provide recommendation regarding technology improvement and/or value added enhancement.
- CU: would provide technical studies or research plans related to the Solar Thermal Technologies (Concentrating and non-concentrating) as one of the important specialty of the expertise of the institution.
- AUC: would provide expertise in RE products development and installation as well as the integration of stationery batteries with RE systems. As part of its sustainable development program, AUC is also capable of providing support in energy efficiency and the use of RE in water desalination. In addition, AUC is able to provide expertise on quantifying the carbon footprint and impacts of using RE technologies in the built environment.
Category 2: Sectoral Marketing Strategy (Duration: 3-4 month)
Develop and assist in the implementation of a marketing strategy that covers four elements (product / price / place / promotion), to improve beneficiary competitive position.
Note: An applicant may apply for both categories if it can be justified in the application.
- Be private sector organization.
- Be a RE product (Solar PV, Solar thermal, Wind, Bioenergy) manufacturer.
- Employ a minimum of 10 insured employees.
- Provide industrial, commercial records and a tax card.
Proposals will be screened by ERECI partners based on the following criteria:
- Accuracy of information provided in the application form.
- Economic growth potential (such as: market demand levels, potential increase in production)
- Relevance to the project and call objectives
- Ability of the applicant organization to significantly benefit from the project outcomes.
- Expected Impact on the beneficiaries
- Application process
Respondents to this CFP must complete the application form in annex I and provide the supporting documents to prove meeting eligibility criteria, no later than April 4th, 2016.
Final selection would be before end of April 2016, (Note: Further information might be required upon selection)
Expected start date
- Category 1: within 2 weeks from finalizing selection.
- Category 2: according to procedures.